Monday, February 18, 2008

New Addition


Say hello to "Gecko," the latest addition to our family! Most people prefer dogs or cats but we got a gecko :0). We have had him for about a week now and have been getting him used to his new home and being handled. Easton has a lovely way of scaring the crap out of him so that part hasn't been going too well. We have already learned that we need to keep a hearty stock of crickets on hand for feeding. We ran out the other day and it had to go a day and a half without food. The poor thing caught and ate 5 crickets in a row when we returned from Petsmart this morning with a fresh bunch. Easton enjoys having an animal to look at all the time (and hopefully hold at some point). When we walk by the room that the cage is in Easton always puts his finger to his lips and says, "Mama, shhhh!" It's so cute!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Jess, you always have to have the most 'different' kind of pet. Have you ever had a dog?

Angie said...

Wow, we'll be excited to meet "Gecko" when we come to see you in a few days. I can tell you now that Brooklyn won't like him, but maybe she will by the time we leave.
When I first saw the post, I thought the Gecko found you, but nope...it appears you actually made this purchase. It will be a fun pet to own! However, I'll keep my dog so I don't have to worry about crickets!

Liz said...

Wow, that's quite the addition! You're much more brave than me, I don't know what I would do with a gecko, let alone a cricket. Congratulations!

Mindy said...

You must have been a rough and tough little girl. While the rest of us were playing dollies, Jess was probably out in the hills catching reptiles. You are a cool mom to let you child have such a pet. It makes me squirm just to look at his scales, I don't think I could touch him or (gulp) feed him crickets!

Krista said...

Jessica, I love your blog and your Easton is so cute! It looks like you are having way fun adventures out there! Love the Croc pictures! I hope you don't mind but I put your link on my blog so I can get to yours easily, it is so fun to see what you are up to, and to see your family! Hopoe you are doing well!
Love, Krista