Monday, April 7, 2008

General Conference

As usual, conference over the weekend was wonderful! I also really like the general YW broadcast that was last weekend. Pres. Eyring was the concluding speaker and gave a wonderful talk about making choices and how each choice we make (big or small) either leads us into the light of Christ, or away from it. There is no grey area. He has always been one of my favorite speakers every since I got to meet him and shake his hand on my mission in Japan. It was one of those super spiritual meetings/experiences that I will never forget.

On another note, a lot was said about Pres. Hinckley and I wanted to share a cute little story that I heard from my mom. She went to her mission reunion on Friday night. The "England Southwest Mission." I won't say how long ago that was but you can all do the math. :) Her mission president was John Madsen who is now a memeber of the Seventy. While at the reunion he shared many stories of members of the first presidency and quorum of the twelve as he has an office in the same building and works with them very closely each day. He shared one specifically about Pres. Hinckley. Apparently after his wife Marjorie passed away he would visit her grave at the cemetary every morning with a fresh cut of flowers. This would happen EVERY morning without fail. Pres. Hinckley's children always gave him a hard time about this because he never gave her flowers when she was alive! How funny is that. So, husbands (not that too many guys even read blogs) give your wife flowers NOW. You never know what tomorrow brings. :)

1 comment:

Maren & Danny said...

Wow-that is such a sweet story about Pres. Hinckley taking her flowers! Makes me love him even more! :0)