Friday, February 20, 2009

Flashback Friday: Diving in Cuba

This trip took place back in 2002ish. Plenty long ago at that rate. :0) Cuba was beautiful and the scuba diving was awesome!! One of our dive spots was the Bay of Pigs (location of the failed attempt of the US to invade Cuba and overthrow Castro and the Cuban government in 1961). The whole trip (planned by my dad) was quite adventurous! One day after diving we got to go eat at some locals house (friends of the Cuban guy that took us around diving) that sat right on the Bay. That's where the palm tree pic was taken. This was also the first time that I ate alligator with fried bananas!!! It wasn't bad going down but it sure had a nasty after taste. I think I still have that same beach towell, the same t-shirt, and those same flip-flops hiding somewhere in my closet. The sunglasses however were lost a year or two later to some Mexican dolphin trainers who refused to go retrieve them after they fell off my head and into the enclosure while I was getting ready to go swim with them. How funny!








2 comments:

Erin said...

What beautiful pictures Jess! You have been on some major adventures!
I have it on my to-do list to make my blog pics larger (I have the explanations, just haven't had the time to do it). I feel like you are always one step ahead of me! :)
Fun post!

Mindy said...

See, you can do flash back friday because you have a bunch of exciting stories! It looks warm and I want to be somewhere like that right now!