Friday, June 19, 2009

Confessions . . .

ONE. This week has been a horribly long process of loading programs, etc. back on to my computer after the big crash AND dealing with a baby with a stomach virus. I get so extremely upset when I call customer support for assistance with unlocking my Adobe Photoshop CS4 upgrade and every time I have to speak with someone "foreign." Now I have nothing against foreign people it's just that it is SOOOOO HARD to understand someone on the phone with lets say . . . a heavy Indian accent. I feel like a retard when I have to tell him that I didn't understand what he said every 30 seconds. Sometimes I feel like asking if anyone is available that speaks English and is American. Anyone else ever feel that way?

TWO. I never thought that I would admit it, but other than our puppy having a bad case of worms when we got him, having a dog has been lots of fun. And . . . . . he is just like having a friend for Easton to play with. They play outside in the backyard all day long. I keep an eye on them through the windows and Mia and I stay in where it's cool. I only have to go out for an occasional incident when the dog tries to use Easton as a chew toy!


THREE. Running isn't necessarily such a bad thing. In the past (and when I say past I mean my entire life), I have never really liked running much. My body was not built for running at all and I would get really bored when out jogging. In the past 3 months I have tried to IMPROVE my attitude toward running and it has really helped. A 5K distance (3.1 miles) used to be my absolute max but now I am up to 10K and hope to go a lot farther than that because I have had a moment of insanity and signed up for the Pine Valley 15 miler (http://www.sgrcseries.net/) in August in the St. George heat. At this point my strategy is to PRAY that I don't die in the process!
FOUR. I have become a fanatic "coupn clipper." I was always skeptic of getting into the whole "coupon" thing up until a few weeks ago. One of my friends talked me into checking it out and learning more about it. There are quite a few ladies in my ward that could do it as a profession they are so good. I would cut out a coupon here and there but thought that if I collected too many that I would end up buying things that I didn't necessarily want or need just to get a good deal on it, or that I would never find any coupons for some of the more healthy stuff/brands that I prefer to buy. So, I'm careful to only buy what we need and I have so far done really well. I'm surprised at the amount of money I have saved. Today's deal was DiGiorno Pizza's for $1.50 (regularly $6+)!!!! Can't beat that!

6 comments:

Sandie said...

I understand about the tech support calls! I am glad you are enjoying the dog, at least Easton is getting some good use out of him! Finally, I am glad to say I have asthma. I don't even have to think about someone asking me to run in the heat, I just say, "Sorry, I have asthma." Works like a charm!
BTW, did you see the online class on the photoblog? I plan on signing up.

Decker and Tara said...

I got a recent email the other day that said if you call a place and cant understand and ask for an english speaker they have to transfer you. Good job on the running training, See you in Pine Valley:)

Erin said...

Love that pic of Easton and his dog!

Ryan and Kristie said...

I'm so glad you have a good running attitude...I am about to book my Hood 2 Coast ticket and I'm kinda dreading it because it just sounds horrible to start running so much again. Arghhhh! But the crazy part is I know I will love it. And I love that pic of Mia in the table chair at the picnic table. So cute! My jaw is still on the floor that you got a dog. I can't believe you did it. Welcome to the dark side : )

Mindy said...

Fun post. I need to learn the ins and outs of coupons... it looks crazy to me!

Tia said...

I haven't gotten into the coupon thing yet. I think I will someday, but not today ;)
I'm glad you're enjoying running more! Can't wait to hear about how the 15 miler goes. Good luck!