Monday, July 27, 2009

Good, Good, and Not so Good

Good: My sister arrived safely last night! We love having visitors! Easton has been so excited and Mia is glad to have someone else to look at all day besides myself.


Good: I think we can safely say that Easton is now fully and officially potty trained. Yes, he is 3 years old but he had to do it on his own terms. I was freaking out because he has to be potty trained in order to go to this preschool that we have him registered for in the fall and I wasn't sure if it was going to happen in time. There have been a number of occasions when we've been grocery shopping and I've had a cart full of food plus Mia and he's had to go. I've sent him in the men's restroom all on his own and he's come out victorious! Now, I was never in there to witness whether or not the pee fully made it in the toilet but it never got on his pants. That's a good thing right?

Not so Good: Today we had our first visit to the Urgent Care for stitches. Easton was running around with his friends (they were all dressed up cute in Batman/Spiderman outfits) and he tripped and fell and his forehead went straight into the sharp edge of the wooden banister. The whole getting stitches thing was quite traumatic for me and Easton both! But Easton was a very good boy and held very still for the doctor.

10 comments:

Sandie said...

Oh, poor baby! It looks like 4 or 5 stitches. Time to put pads on the railing!

Tia said...

Oh no! That looks painful. I bet there was a lot of blood! I'm not looking forward to the day I have to take one of my kids to urgent care for stitches. I'm sure it will happen eventually.
I'm glad he was a good boy.

Lisa said...

Oh, boys and their head wounds! We had to take Brian in on Thanksgiving once. Glad he is potty-trained though, that is awesome!

Angie said...

Congrats on both goods and sorry about the not so good. That's a cute picture though. Just be thankful he made it to 3 before he visited the urgent care. And thank goodness Shelbee was around to help.

Mindy said...

Ochie! Poor kid! He deserves a Popsicle or something for that one!

Erin said...

What a brave little guy (and a brave mommy). :(

Congrats on the potty training! MAJOR accomplishment. MAJOR.

Tiffany said...

Hey we got to experience the stitches thing last week. It's so sad, but I swear every boy has to do it.

The Harrises said...

Oh darn it! Poor guys eyes look so tired from crying. I hope the wound heals well and becomes invisible. Maybe he'll be a super hero someday!
Hope he feels well!

Ammon & Hayley Bradshaw said...

I can't believe how big your kids are!! I can't wait to see your family - and it's coming soon!! and you can meet my husband!! YAY!! See you guys soon!!

Nate and Jacque Holt said...

Man, that's too bad about Easton, never fun to go get stitches. I'm glad he was good for the doctor, Jaxson was a nightmare for the doctor.