Sunday, November 22, 2009

Stocking Project

Last month I decided that I was well overdue to make our family some homemade Christmas stockings. I remembered seeing some super cute ones on my friend Jennie's blog so I got some info from her and she got me started on the right foot. Of course, most really cute things don't have a pattern . . . which was true in this case. I had a picture to work with and everything from there was guesswork on my part. Lucky for me, I have a mother-in-law who knows how to do everything when it comes to quilting/sewing. We pow-wowed over Skype with our webcams and she showed me how all the pieces needed to come together to get my desired result. So without further ado . . . . here is the finished product.

I also made two others that are super cute (a snowman and a wreath) but they will not be fully completed until there is a name to go with them. And NO, that is not forshadowing anything in the near future. :0)

10 comments:

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

Those are adorable. I've always wanted to and needed to make family stockings. I don't think all of ours match. You are so talented.

Lisa said...

Those are SO cute!! Way to go, Jess.

The Mom said...

Very cute!

Tiffany said...

Super cute, Jess! You can seriously do ANYTHING!!

Mindy said...

Very, VERY, cute! I was all over the pottery barn stockings from last year, but couldn't justify the price, so I vowed to myself I would make my own version this year... you just reminded me I needs to get started or it's not going to be done! These look great! Did you sew the names on or write them??

Angie said...

Super cute! Great work.

The Harrises said...

Way to go! Just in time for Christmas. I really get frustrated with kids and sewing, glad you didn't give up.

Tia said...

I also have been wanting to make stockings for my family. Every year I say I'll do it, and every year I use my store-bought ones with no names on them. You should share your friends blog with us!

Frei Family said...

Love it!

KayDee said...

Those turned out good!