Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Easter . . . a little late

We had a fun Easter weekend. Unfortunately we didn't get around to coloring eggs until Sunday but since it was General Conference we had all kinds of time. The kids enjoyed thier Easter baskets and their little egg hunt in the backyard. Mia had a blast and was a much better "egg hunter" than Easton was at that age. :0) It was also around Easter weekend that Mia and I had this exchange . . . . (but let me preface this with the fact that up until then she has always been ready and willing to go get a diaper for me) . . . . .

Me: Mia, go get a diaper please.
Mia: Why?
Me: Because I said so, that's why. Now go get it.
Mia: No!

Yes, my almost 18 month old daughter is now fluent with the use of the word "no." Most of the time she will say it nicely but occasionally she will yell it. Just like the rest of us.
Also, you may remember a recent post where I said Easton has been calling me all kinds of names (not in a bad way) from various movies. Well, the new one as of late caught me by surprise and it was so good that I laughed out loud.

Me: Easton, come here and let me brush the grass off your clothes.
Easton: Yes Fairy Godmother!

I love my kids! Here are some pics from Easter.







4 comments:

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

What great kids. I love that you got to wear shorts and t-shirts outside on Easter weekend when we were wearing parkas and snow boots.
Ah, well, atleast it's nice now.
I LOVE their smiles.

Angie said...

Looks like a fun time! Sounds like Mia talks a ton. Sure you have to tell with No, but it's also fun that she can say other words. I love that Easton called you Fairy Godmother. :)

Maren & Danny said...

Fairy Godmother? Now THAT is funny! ;0)

Tia said...

Fun post! I love the things the kids say. :)
Every time I see pics of your kids I can't believe how much bigger and older they look!