Monday, June 20, 2011

June = Ragnar Wasatch Back

The highlight of the month of June was heading up north to participate in the Ragnar Wasatch Back Relay with some of Scott's family. It was my first time doing a relay-style running event. Our team was called the Bear Lake Monsters. We had 2 vans of 6 people each and started at 7:00 AM on Friday morning and finally finished after 32 hours 53 minutes 27 seconds! I had a great time, largely due to the fun people in my van because running has never been all that fun for me in the first place. :0) I was Runner #2 and had a total of 13.3 miles.

"The Gang" before the start. Sidney, Satcy, Nikita, Jess, Terry, and Kelly.

Waiting at the first exchange.

Running my first and longest leg. I had some awesome scenery!

At the finish waiting for the 2nd half of the team to come in.

Bear Lake Monsters

Me and the kids. Glad they were there to support us!

No comments: