Sunday, April 21, 2013

Baby Drake

Drake William Orchard was born on April 19, 2013 (at 38 weeks) at 7:15 a.m. He weighed 7 pounds 4 ounces and was 20 inches long.

Finally after lots of monitoring, ultrasounds, and visits to the doctor . . . baby Drake is here! It was a pretty good pregnancy for the most part. I had high blood pressure that kicked in at the start of my third trimester which is also what happened when I was pregnant with Easton. So funny that the boys give me high blood pressure while inside me and my one girl is what makes my blood boil now. :0) With softball season in full swing at the high school since March I have been busy and it was here before I knew it! The scheduled c-section went well and baby Drake came out looking as perfect and precious as ever. My recovery in the hospital was quick as I chose to come home today, Sunday. We went in on Friday. I was tempted to stay another day just for the food alone but I didn't want to have to sleep in that hospital bed for one more night. :0) If I can get through the next week I will be good to go! Now that we are home there will be an adjustment period to get the dog used to the baby. Hopefully that period will be shorter than longer!!!

In the OR.


In recovery.






PROUD BIG BROTHER AND SISTER!





1 comment:

Angie said...

Congrats! He's so cute! Can't wait to see him in person one day! :)