Thursday, December 13, 2007

Tagged!

I've never been tagged before (thanks Marv!) so here' my best shot!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping. I love to wrap, even those odd shaped and challenging sized items. I pride myself in a good wrapping job and even taught Scott how to wrap so that there are never any raw edges showing. He does a great job!

2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. I think I've always had a fake tree. However I do remember years and years ago my mom used to get a nice flocked tree for Christmas. Then she got tired of the mess.

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the day after Thanksgiving but really whenever we feel like it.

4. When do you take the tree down? After New Year's.

5. Do you like eggnog? Love it! There are all kinds of new flavors constantly emerging. Pumkin eggnog isn't bad but I just tried gingerbread eggnog the other day and it was a little strong.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I have such a hard time remembering things that long ago. I remember my brother getting a battery powered 3-wheeler that I reallu liked. :)

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. Thanks to my mother I have every piece to the Willow Tree Nativity. Easton loves to look at it and point out Jesus and all of the animals. Last week he even added a few extra animals of his own. It was so cute I'll have to post a picture.

8. Hardest person to buy for? I would say my father-in-law. My family stopped buying gifts for each other a long time ago otherwise it might be my parents.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Scott and Easton. Pretty much anyone. I can always come up with ideas for others but have a hard time giving Scott ideas for myself.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't think I ever got a bad gift.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail! Especially because I love to get them from everyone else as well.

12. Favorite Christmas movie? Christmas with the Krank's (Tim Allen)

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I start thinking about it in August or September. Depends on what's going on.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Peppermint ice cream.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear.

17. Favorite Christmas song? The Christmas Song & I'll Be Home for Christmas. The church hymns are fun too.

18. Travel for Christmas or stay home? So far we have traveled quite a bit. I'm getting to the point where I want to be home.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph.

20. Angel on the treetop or a star? Star. I actually have a cool Santa Claus but the ceiling in our house isn't high enough to fit the tree and Santa anymore.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning. This year we got to ancy (and for other good reasons) and have actually opened presents already.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People who don't put up Christmas lights. :)

23. What I love most about Christmas? I like how people change around this time of year. I love decorating and having a tree in the living room. Now that Easton is a part of the family and knows a little more this year, I love watching him and how excited he gets. He won't say "Santa" yet but he will say "ho, ho, ho!"

Now I tag: Angie, Kelly, Mindy, & KayDee.

No comments: