Friday, August 1, 2008

Fashion Fast

We're back in the lovely humidity of South Carolina. I still cannot decide which type of heat is worse after experiencing both. They are so very different. Thanks to everyone who made time to let us visit while in Utah. It was so good to see all of our family and friends. :)

I wanted to pass something along that I found to be pretty interesting. To some (that don't like shopping and fashion), it may not be, but I thought it was noteworthy and plan on checking in every now and then to see how it is coming. I got an email from a old high school friend that said the following: My sister-in-law (Cassandra) is going out on the limb and is doing a fashion fast and she is going to blog about it. She lives in New York and works for Vanity Fair and decided to come up with this new experiment. I just wanted to pass what she is doing along because I think it is for a good cause. Follwed by a message from Cassandra; As some of you might already know, I am determined to give up shopping for clothes, shoes, jewelry, and handbags for one year...And I am going to blog about it. I would love it if you follow as I stumble and strive to meet my goal on:

The Fashion Fast at
http://thefashionfast.blogspot.com

Please feel free to pass the link on, because by the end of the experiment, which concludes July 15, 2009, I will (hopefully) have gone 365 days without fashion self-indulgence and, if so, have accumulated a handsome sum to donate to a women's charity so they can purchase suits and other career attire for women in need. Again, I would love it if you took time to spread the word-- I need all the support I can get.


Pretty neat!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting! We should all follow her lead. I'd like to know more about which cause she is going to support.

The Harrises said...

My eyes popped when I saw this ...did I or Casey send this to you? I need to post it on my blog as well. I'm glad you're a supporter. I just ran into her over Casey's wedding weekend and she did no shopping whatsoever.

Had a good chuckle at your son's pirate obession. At least, he got the whole pausing thing down.