Sunday, September 7, 2008

Safe and Sound

I'm happy to say that all is well here in South Carolina! Hanna ended up curving a bit more which left the Charleston area out of the path of any major storm. We were all prepared for whatever was going to come but only got winds and lots of rain. I think I even slept pretty good that night. :) At any rate, it was good practice for anything in the future. Thank you to all for your concern.

As for the house, many of you have been asking for pics. We've finally emptied the last of the boxes (inside the house) and were able put things mostly where we want them. We also were albe to install some ceiling fans, etc. We also made an "organized mess" of the garage which will allow me to go though more stuff too see what we're keeping and getting rid of. Then I'm sure we'll need to put up some more shelving. Scott is leaving town for a few days for work so maybe I'll take a break from organizing and do a short video tour of the house. Of course, it will be pretty un-decorated. :)

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Jess, I am so glad to hear you guys are okay! And I can't wait to see the house! We moved into a new house just two weeks before my second was born- which was crazy- so I definitely understand the chaos! But if you can get things organized before Mia arrives (which I did NOT do), you will totally thank yourself!!

Mindy said...

I'm so glad that you are all safe. By the way, LOVE the name Mia. That is so cute.

Bonnie said...

HI Cute Jessica!
I watched the storm very carefully to see if it was at all close to you...Carly and Erin were worried too. We all were grateful you and your sweet family were safe.
Your house is sure cute from the outside. Can't wait to see the inside.
Love the name Mia. It was one Carly was considering too.
Keep safe.
Love your Blog!

Decker and Tara said...

I am glad to see that everything went alright for you guy.... I was really worried about you and your fam. BTW I love the picture of you guy in the river, it is dang cute. Miss you guys, Tell Easton that Shooter misses him too:)

The Harrises said...

I'm glad to see your new house was not taken by the storm. Can't wait to see pics of the baby!

Nate and Jacque Holt said...

SO glad that everything is okay, how scary are these crazy storms...CONGRATS so much on getting into your home!!