Friday, September 5, 2008

Tropical Storm Hanna

So we're all settled in the new house and now bracing ourselves for tropical storm Hanna which is getting closer to hurricane strength and due to hit the Charleston area sometime between tonight and tomorrow morning. Yikes! Thought this is not considered to be a "big" storm, it makes me a little nervous to see the grocery stores loaded with people buying food, water, ice, and batteries. I went to 4 stores yesterday and there was not a size D battery anywhere in sight. This all brings a new importance to food storage and emergancy preparedness. :) I've managed to dig all our stuff out of the garage and get it together. As long as we can stay here at the house everything will be cool but if we had to evacuate for any reason. . . . . I think I might have a coronary! Wish us luck!

7 comments:

KayDee said...

Your blog header is cute. I would be so nervous even thinking about a storm that big being even around us. The house looks good. I bet you are glad to be in it. Now you just need the baby to come. So you guys are planning on coming out for Christmas right. Then Mia and Saidee will meet each other. I don't know. HTis whole mom thing is scary sometimes. Just knowing you are responsable for them. No one else!

Phill, Allie, and kids said...

Oh wow- good luck. That's some scary crap. And I see on the side "Baby Mia". Gotta say I LOVE the name! Definately a good one!

Mindy said...

Every time I see this on the news I think about you. Our family will say our prayers that you and your family (and your brand new home) stay safe! Good luck!

Jen L said...

Hey, When are you going to post pictures of the new house. I would love to see it. Stay safe...Your mom said she will be bringing you tons of D batteries when she comes out.
jen L
p s Kaydee said you need to tell me how to get the little envelope off my comments section of my blog. I am clueless...

Krista said...

Jessica, why is there never a dull moment with you?! Good luck and keep us all posted with how the storm goes - we'll be anxious to here! Congrats on your home being finished and moving in! We are just finishing moving in to our home - it's been over a month, and we are amazed at all of the "stuff" we have accumulated - needless to say we are going to be making a few trips hauling stuff to the DI!

Anonymous said...

Your home is beautiful. It's Sunday today and I hope things are okay over there. I haven't watched the news, but hopefully things have passed through now. I miss you. Hope you're feeling good, I love the name Mia too.

Lisa said...

Hope things are going well, and you guys are all staying comfy and safe! I love the name Mia too!