Thursday, September 18, 2008

THE WORST LUCK!!!!!

So, I am totally convinced that when it comes to things being stolen, I have the worst luck! The story goes like this . . . . . . . . today there were a handful of workers that were in and out of the house doing some warranty work of things that we've found since moving in. They were in and out of the house from 8:00 this morning to about 2:30 this afternoon. Unfortunately I didn't get my shower in before they started coming so I had to wait until they left to hop in the shower. Our fridge was also empty so as soon as I got out of the shower I put Easton in the car and we ran to the grocery store. Upon returning Easton crashed on the couch for a nap so I decided to go upstairs to vacuum the carpet in our room where they were working and move the furniture back. When I went to move the dresser I noticed that on the opposite end my big fat loaded jewelry box was gone. This of course being the jewelry box containing wedding ring #2! I immediately got this pit in my stomach but tried to convince myself that the workers probably just had to move it when they moved the dresser. But to my dismay, my frantic search turned up nothing.

I called Scott, I called the building supervisor who was in and out today too. She called the workers that were here and told them to all come back. I figured I'd better call the police as well and within 15 minutes we had to officers show up who were later followed by 2 detectives. (As a side note: that part of things was actually kind of cool.) They ended up questioning 3 of the men and of course none of them even recalled seeing it let alone taking it. Eww! It makes me so mad! There was a fresh layer of sawdust over all of our bedroom furniture from them cutting the floor boards. On the end of the dresser there were 4 squares where the legs of the jewelry box touched the dresser and not a spec of dust inside the square footprints! There is no doubt that one of them walked off with it! Anyway, they are going to do an investigation and take all of the workers in to do a polygraph test, etc. The detectives will be checking thier pawn shop databases to see if anything turns up. Why does my wedding ring always turn out missing? We can't afford any more. :)

16 comments:

Kelly said...

Holy freaking cow! That is awful! I would be so livid. SOOO maddening! They'd better find it and fire the jerk. So sorry that this happened to you!

Liz said...

Wow! That's is so awful, I am so sorry. It's unfortunate that we can't have people in our homes without watching them constantly, I really hope they find it!

Again, so sorry!

Dave and Gina said...

Ughh! That is so frustrating! I hope they catch whoever it is and that you get your ring and your other jewelry back. Let us know what happens!

Kristen said...

The same thing has happened to my sister twice. The first time she caught them stealing her underwear and the second time they stole a very expensive necklace of hers. What a violation! I am so sorry that it happened to you. Hope they find the creep!

Phill, Allie, and kids said...

K I would be TICKED. That full blown STINKS. Be sure to keep us posted about the investigation. It's sad that there are so many creeps and theives out there. What happened to honesty??? Best of luck with this one!

Mindy said...

Jess, this just made me sick to my stomach to read. I feel terrible for you... The wedding ring, I'm sure is the worst part, but the fact that anything was stolen is just wrong and makes you feel so violated, I'm sure. When I read the headline I thought for sure it was your car again... I hope that whoever is lying is caught. They deserve to loose their job. Mostly though, I just hope your valuables are returned! Good luck!

Mindy said...

P.S. I meant to say also that you should just go to Wal-Mart or somewhere and buy a cheap bling ring and pretend it's real until you find yours... then you're only out $8 next time... :) What happened to the first ring? I don't think I ever heard about that one...

Angie said...

I'm so sorry. That is horrible! However I can't believe how much the police (and detectives) are going to do to help you. Polygraphs and everything? I don't think that would happen here in Utah. I hope they find everything.

Keeley said...

Oh my gosh Jess, that totally sucks! I cannot believe that people can be so dishonest. Hopefully something comes up!

Anonymous said...

What the heck? Are you kidding? Seriously, did these guys seriously think they'd just get to take off with someones jewelery and actually get a way with it. They'll get caught, and I can't wait to hear about it when they do. Those dang ol' bags. So sorry though Jess, seriously this totally stinks. I'm glad the police are taking it seriously though. Miss ya!!

Erin said...

Man - what a bummer! For sure follow up and let us know if they catch one of those guys with a lie detector test. Sorry Jess. :(

Tiffany said...

Ya, that stinks! I feel for ya. Maybe next time you should just keep your jewelry on, then they can't steal it:)!

Tia said...

That ticks me off. I have no tolerance for people like that. I hope they do more than fire him. The man should be put in jail. Why do people think it's okay to just take other people's stuff? rrrrrr

Nate and Jacque Holt said...

I'm SOO Sorry, that bites big time. Hope you find it. I'm LOVING the house..

candrkoch said...

Oh, WOW, that sucks!!!! Why is this world full of weenies? I can't let my kids play outside w/ their friends without me sitting right by their side anymore because we've had a couple attempted abductions in the area. How's my kid gonna learn to be a kid??? BE NICE, BE NORMAL world, and we'll all get along just peachy. (Sorry for the rant, Jess. Good luck with the hunt for the guilty....)

KayDee said...

Well glad you are enjoying the new house besides the stollen stuff! Have you heard anything yet?? Easton is gettign so big. YOu guys are going to try to come for Christmas right??